A correction from me from last weeks news, the below is from Felixstowe Lionesses, not Lowestoft!!
President Val Jinks and the Ladies of The Lioness Club of Felixstowe invite you to share our 29th Certification Anniversary Luncheon.
Holiday Inn Ipswich – Orwell
2 The Havens, Ipswich,
Suffolk IP3 9SJ
Sunday 28th May 2017
12-30pm for 1-00pm
£25 per person
Please send your menu choices and cheques for the luncheon to Secretary, Jill Fahie at the above address by Monday 15th May 2017.
From PDG Lion Jim Cawte
NORWICH LORD MAYOR’S STREET PROCESSION 8 JULY
The District has secured a place in the Procession, where we can usefully promote the Centenary of Lion Club International.
My thoughts are to attract 100…or more… Lions and Lionesses to walk in the Procession, with each of us wearing District Centennial Polo Shirts. There will be at least one Lions Flag, possibly a Lioness Flag and a Lions Centennial Flag. There might be a small pick-up truck available for decoration but we await confirmation.
Free Parking for Procession participants will be available at Notcutts Nursery, Daniels Road, which is a short walk from the start of the Procession. ( it will be a bit of a walk back from the end of the Procession!)
Numbers are not really limited but please let me know if are attending.
Lion Jim Cawte
Wymondham Lions Club
Home: 01953 605311
Mobile: 07578 899083
From Eastwood Lions
Eastwood Lions Club are holding their 2nd Charter Anniversary lunch on Sunday 17 September 2017 at the Holiday Inn, London Southend Airport, 2pm for 2.30pm. Three course meal plus tea/coffee £25 pp. Menu choices in due course. Dress code smart casual
Val, Secretary, Eastwood Lions
From West Norwich Lions
West Norwich Lions Charter. Best Western Brook Hotel.Bowthorpe Norwich .
Sunday May 14th 12.30 for 1pm. £25 per head President Barry Sheldrake offers an invitation to our 29 the Charter anniversary with dress smart casual.
1. Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Cheddar croutons
2. Brook Terrine(duck chicken ,pork)with chutney and toast
3. Smoked Mackerel page
4. Pan roasted Lamb cutlets with fondant potatoes,sauted kale and tomatoes and red wine jus
5. Breast of Chicken stuffed with leek and wild mushrooms on herb mashed potatoes with broccoli and white wine veloute
6. Pan fried Sea Bream on saute new potatoes,roast beetroot and spinach with saffron hollandaise
7. Chargrilled vegetable stack topped with haloumi with herb roasted new potatoes and butternut squash puree
8. Chocolate and Cointreau torte
9. Red wine poached pear with shortbread crumble
10. Fresh fruit medley
Coffee and Mints
40 Montgomery Close, Chapel Break, Norwich
NR5 9LL 01603 743709. goodswend
From Sheringham and Cromer Lions
SHERINGHAM & CROMER LIONS are holding a Quiz & Chips on Saturday 8th April @ The Morley Club, Cromer Road, Sheringham in aid of Prostate Cancer UK &/or local causes. 7pm for 7.30pm start. Tickets £9 pp (which includes hot supper) payable at the door or from Lion Brian 01263 821276 email brihaz.